Spore to Store Adventure
Our tour is more than just a walk through the mushroom beds – it's a journey of discovery. You'll get an insider's view, from the lab where the inoculation magic begins to the greenhouses where our mushrooms thrive. Who knows, you might even have the chance to inoculate a bag yourself! Join us and see how Mushroom Street is revolutionizing the world of gourmet mushrooms with care, knowledge, and a touch of magic. Have any questions before you book? Check out our FAQs section!
Meet Your Guides
What other Mushroom Lovers Are Saying
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn on the tour?
Throughout the tour you will see the life cycle of mushrooms from start to finish. From the different stages starting with:
- Spore germination - a mushroom spore germinates (sprouts) when the environmental conditions are right. You will learn the correct environmental conditions for your mushrooms to grow
- Colonization - When the spore germinates, a strand of mycelium emerges from it. The strands of mycelium spreads through a substrate until it is completely colonized. This part is called colonization
- Fruiting - once the body of mycelium has gained access to enough nutrients. The mycelium block is cut, introduced to oxygen, and placed in the perfect environment to induce it to the fruiting stage. This is where fruiting bodies start forming. Better known as mushrooms!
- Sporulation - As the mushroom fruiting body matures, spores start to release from the mushroom to start the cycle all over again
You will also get to see our entire farm:
- The Lab - where we go to inoculate our mushrooms in a clean sanitized environment
- Inoculation room - where all our inoculated mushroom bags sit to colonizefruiting room- where all fully colonized bags are placed in a room with the best environmental conditions for mushrooms.
- Mixing Station - We will take a look at our sawdust station and look at the different types of mediums we use for our substrate and grain bags.
You will get to see the different types of products we make with our mushrooms as well!
How long is the tour?
The tour will be 1 hour long with plenty of additional time after the tour to purchase product in the shop.
Do I need to book in advance?
Yes, bookings are done on our partner website. Tour slots are every Wednesday.
What should I wear/bring?
Preferably closed toed shoes as we do require participants to step on a sanitized solution before going into the lab.
Is the tour suitable for children?
Our Mushroom Cultivators are very knowledgable at showing and guiding people especially children how our mushrooms are grown. Children love the interactive parts of the tours where they get to hands on, grow mushrooms!
Are there any health and safety precautions?
Before doing hands-on inoculations. We provide mask and gloves to each guest to keep contamination as low as possible. Our mushrooms appreciate it!
What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
Our partner website currently does not have a reschedule or refund option. If rescheduling is needed please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can fit you in the next possible slot.
can I buy mushrooms or merchandise on the tour?
Yes, after the tour, customers get to use their $5 credit towards any product purchases. That include mushrooms, mushrooms products, and merchandise.
are there food and drinks available or should I bring my own?
We have Mushroom Jerky and Mushroom Soda you can snack on, but not a large enough space for you to bring your own.
How do I get to the farm? Is there parking available?
Our farm is located at 8001 Valcasi Dr Ste 101, Arlington, TX 76001. You will see our sign pointing into the way to turn in. We have a parking lot with front and side parking.